Rajkotupdates.News : The Ministry Of Transport will launch a road safety navigation app after an increase in accidents. In 2019, about 449,002 road accidents occurred in India, curbing 115,113 casualties and 451,361 injuries.
Road accidents, traffic jams, and highway scandals have been on the rise for some years. Hence, to endure the minimal threats and safety of the people on the roads, it’s necessary to establish a solution that could solve the risks people face on paths.
Every hour, 17 people are killed and 51 people are wounded due to road accidents. Likewise, 1.3 million deaths are due to road accidents as cited by World Health Organization (WHO). It’s of prime importance to the government to secure lives lost due to carelessness on roads.
For this purpose, The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has taken a strategy to guarantee road safety and minimal loss. MoRTH has collaborated with IIT Madras and MapmyIndia (a digital navigating company) to sign an agreement for driving and road security in India to aid pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers.
The three organizations launched a free navigation app primarily made for Indian civilians. Not only it gives heads-up on traffic swarming, but it also gives alerts on accidents, hazards, and upcoming threats one could face on the roads like construction or blockage.
Features of the MoRTH Road Safety Navigation App ‘MOVE’
Rajkotupdates.News : The Ministry Of Transport will launch a road safety navigation app and it has many astounding features that could save many from hassles.
- Visual and voice alerts to the drivers.
- Alerts on accident-prone zones, sharp curves, potholes, sharp breakers, overseeing, dangerous driving (racing on the main area and one wheeling), and other hazards that could occur on the road.
- Free to use
- Authorities and civilians can report accidents, unsafe areas, road construction, traffic jamming, and blockage to help other people from accidents.
How does the navigation app “MOVE” work?
Navigation App MOVE in motion
The app functions through advanced GPS to provide immediate and real-time information about traffic and directions. The app regulators use data from traffic reports, traffic cameras, road sensors, suggestions, and feedback to analyze the app through MOVE algorithms. After processing, the data is provided to the users in milliseconds.
Related: Rajkotupdates.news : Microsoft Gaming Company To Buy Activision Blizzard For Rs 5 Lakh Crore
Modification and Accomplishments of MOVE
In 2020, a navigation app developed by Maymy India known as “Move” earned the government Aatmanirbhar App Innovation Challenge. Moreover, IIT Madras Maymy India will use the data on the app for further modification and development of MOVE.
Further, Road Ministry officially approved a road safety model driven by the data obtained through the navigation app. Madras researchers created the model. The World Bank funded this innovative technology project.
Union territories and over 32 States will utilize the AI model made for road security and disaster depreciation — Integrated Road Accident Disasters (iRAD).
Rajkotupdates.News : The Ministry Of Transport will launch a road safety navigation app and it has transformed India. In 2023, road fatalities were quelled to half, which is an astonishing achievement.
How will the navigation application “MOVE” benefit the people?
Rajkotupdates.News : The Ministry Of Transport will launch a road safety navigation app and it will enormously benefit the people who use roads daily.
- Real-time updates on the app will help drivers to plan their journey fairly well with no obstruction or delays.
- Speeding, sliding, and other hazards will be notified through vocal and text alerts to ensure the safety of drivers and passengers. Hence, it will be life-saving for many.
- Voice-activated alerts wouldn’t bind a solo driver to look over the phone again and again for assistance.
- This app works efficiently with existing navigation apps. Hence, people who are familiar with Maze and Google Maps could easily access it (even alongside other navigation applications).
- The app will give live statistics on traffic and other factors that could pose a problem in a journey. Consequently, people will conserve time and finish their plans productively.
- The decline in accidents will not only save lives but also protect the government and personal property. The government would have to expand its budget for building roads or other public places that could be destroyed by accidents. Likewise, civilians wouldn’t have to fear emergencies and repair their vehicles time and time again.
- With no casualties, there will be a substantial decrease in smoke emissions (a drop in air pollution).
How to download the MOVE navigation app?
Download the app from the App Store or Play Store on iOS and Android smartphones
Just open the Play Store or App Store on your Android or iOS smartphone and search for the re-upsary app. Then, open the respective app and install it. After installing it, you can use it however you want.
Will the navigation app work offline?
The directions and the average app will be available offline as well as online. Yet, it’s better with the internet as the application functions on real-time updates. Additionally, offline users might not be able to look at the various sudden alterations in traffic. Hence, the internet is recommended for its usage.
Rajkotupdates.News : The Ministry Of Transport will launch a road safety navigation app and its practice would certainly bring positive results over time. It’s all in one app with the fewest limitations and numerous benefits.
What are your thoughts about this app and have you used this navigation application, let us know in the comments below.