Shaddi Prejean (commonly known as Shadman) was allegedly arrested on two counts of the arrest. Although, they were considered as the alleged accusations and rumors. As no one could find any plausible evidence of his arrest except for his disappearance from the web for a small period.
It was speculated that he was detained in Los Angeles. After his supposed arrest, documents about Shaddi Prejean’s arrest were circulating on the internet. His name isn’t widely known in contrast to his pen name Shadman.
An insider reported that Shadman was arrested on two counts of Section 245 (A) 1 under the California penal code. Apart from that, he was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon.
On October 26, Shaddi was arrested by Glendale Police Department according to a public booking log. In the meantime, there was no activity from him on social media platforms. Hence, it’s believed that he was arrested but later got released on bail.
Shadman’s first controversial post after being arrested
On the following Thursday, he posted on his social media a small post fueling the rumors. The post had several pictures of his fan art and memorabilia. The caption to the tweet was; I don’t have any “time to explain” and “don’t worry about me”.
Furthermore, he said; “I’m better than you and would always be” better than you guys. Lastly, he remarked, “See ya”. This post was followed by several other tweets of a TV, a lego figure folding an inverted charm, of defaced Pokemon cards and food.
Shaddi Prejean is a well-known figure in the meme and webcomics world. He’s known for his sexually explicit art primarily featuring underaged characters and pornography (his art is deemed as). Likewise, he redrew different characters and animations in his own style.
The controversial artist had an authentic website “Shadbase” where he posts his newly drawn sketches or illustrations. Shaddi has successfully garnered the attention of many enthusiasts as well as critics who leave no expression of his going unabashedly.
Best artworks of Shadman that you didn’t know about
- Shaddi had worked with notable producers and developed one of the best characters. Some of his animated characters were featured in “The Incredible” — an animated movie by Pixar Film.
- Secondly, one of his best characters is Lolicon — a young girl that is employed in explicit and sexually suggestive contexts.
- Comical illustrations of political figures like Hillary Clinton.
In 2019, he vowed that he would no longer be producing Lolicon art.
Also read: IFVOD
When did Shadman start publishing his illustrations publically?
In July 2009, the webcomic artist started posting his works publically and it has continued until now. Here’s the timeline of all of his artworks.
Timeline of Shadman illustrations
- In July 2009, Shadman started working on his illustrations and posted them on Newgrounds; an entertainment portal site.
- On October 15, 2009, he launched his website for his exclusive artworks; Shadbase.
- On March 28, 2010, he launched his YouTube channel for posting speed drawings and drawing tutorials. YouTube channel @TheRealShadman (Shadbase) with 315k subscribers since 2022 and 111 videos.
- On January 29, 2011, Shaddi Prejean launched his Facebook for the first time. Until now, he had garnered 378k followers.
- On October 7th, 2011, he received a critical review of his digital art. YouTuber Lyle McDouchebag uploaded a parody of his art style. Lyle acted as Shadman using only scribbles on a touchpad to draw a nude character. The video received quite a lot of love from the audience. It has over 1.5 million views and 3500 comments.
- On July 12, 2012, Redditor Middy 13 posted an ironic gif. The comic gif featured the Team Fortress 2 Pyro and posted it to the /r/tf2 subreddit.
- On January 22, 2013, Shadbase Twitter was launched and has 784.6k followers in 2022. His Twitter account is the most active and he posts often on it.
- On March 29, 2013, Shaddi also launched his Tumblr blog accentuating his original paintings. Tumblr has most of his original works.
- On July 15, 2014, he made incredible progress. Shadman rule 34 comic featured the characters; Violet and Helen Parr were submitted to the r/rule34 subreddit from The Incredibles. The post accumulated 92 percent upvotes (about 2,200) in just three weeks.
- In early 2015, 4Chan — is a notable and ambiguous imageboard website usually used by young males. On this website, Shaddi often posted his graphic designs. But his art style took a unique turn. The Shadbase illustration became grotesque and extreme over time and hence, he received major criticism.
As of now, the term ‘Shadman’ has become a central figure for representing disgust. Whenever his pop art pops up, comments are usually filled with ‘Ugh Shadman’.
Is Shadman on hiatus?
It seems like he’s on hiatus. For several months, he hasn’t been posting anything on his social media platforms. Likewise, his posts on Twitter had decreased over the last two to three years.